Fire Chicken with Cheese



It was since long ago I want to make this eyedrooling dishes.And luckily today, I'm having free day on friday lol. Actually I was already arrived at campus, but I just found out that the class has been canceled due to the teacher was busy. I was spending one and half hours from my house to campus because the traffic urgggh way to much since it was raining all day. My friends announced the cancellation while I was half journey lol. I should've known before I was at campus, but I was driving and I got no internet. So cut the complaint! The positive is... I have free time lol! My mind wandering to this dishes. It was also hard time to get all the ingredients. Can you guess how many supermart I gotten into??? 3!!! Yes, three. First I went to Bonnet (near campus) I only got ramyun noodles and mozarella. Then I went to Papaya (near Marina Plaza)~~my all time favorite to shop korean spices. Of course I got the gochujang here and a lil bit daiso stuff (actually I bought 5 items lol this is me when I'm shopping alone). Last but not least I went to Superindo Jemursari to get my chickennn~ because it's cheap here, only 25k for 500gr xox. My list have all checked, so let's cook!




Ingredients (4 servings)

  • 2 pounds of chicken breast, cut into 3/4 or 1 inch cubes
  • ½ cup hot pepper flakes
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons hot pepper paste
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable or corn oil
  • ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
  • ⅓ cup rice syrup (or corn syrup, sugar, honey)
  • 6 large garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
  • 1 pound mozzarella cheese (optional), cut into small pieces
  • ¼ cup water

Directions

  1. Combine hot pepper flakes, hot pepper paste, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, ground black pepper, rice syrup, garlic, and ginger in a bowl. Mix it well into a sweet and spicy paste.
  2. Add the chicken and mix well by hand.
  3. Place the marinated chicken into a heavy pan, preferably cast iron. Use the water to rinse the bowl and get the last of the sauce into the pan. Cover and cook over medium high heat for 10 minutes. If you use a normal frying pan, it will take 7 to 8 minutes. Be sure not to burn the chicken.
  4. Uncover, stir and turn over the chicken with a wooden spoon.
  5. Turn down the heat very low. Cover and let cook another 10 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked. If you’re using cheese, pre-heat the oven broiler.
  6. When the chicken is cooked, put the cheese over the top. Slip it into the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
  7. Remove and serve hot.

Puspa Lystiani

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments: